The Dutch Pancake, and no it is not from Netherlands!
The Dutch baby is an unconventional pancake founded in the United States.
It is fluffy, light and rather Instagram friendly.
Furthermore, for all the iron cast fans, it is a must try recipe!
Makes 1, 9 inches Pancake
0.5 cup Flour
0.5 cup Milk
pinch ot Salt
1.5 tbsp Butter
1. Blend the milk, flour, vanilla, eggs, sugar and salt togther till smooth.
let rest for 20-25 mins.
2. Meanwhile preheat the oven and iron cast pan at 215 degrees celsius. 2 mins before the batter has finished resting, take out the iron cast pan, and grease with the butter ( I prefer resting the pan on top of a shut stove for better grip).
3. Pour the rested batter into the iron cast pan. Swirl around if an exaggerated look is wanted.
4. Bake in the oven at 215 degrees celsius for 15-20 mins.
5. Serve immediately with fresh fruits, powdered sugar, maple syrup, Nutella and/or Lemon Curd.
Link for the video: