The Classic Burmese Noodle Salad
Latto is a wholesome noodle salad tossed in a tangy tamarind dressing. It is best served at room temperature and is ideal for using leftover chicken, meats and vegetables.
The below recipe is vegetarian. However, feel free to toss in poached/grilled chicken, boiled eggs and grilled meat.
150g Boiled Rice Noodle
150g Boiled Spaghetti or Egg Noodles
20g Chopped Coriander
10g Chopped Chili
2.5 lemon (Juiced)
3 Tbsp Sweet Tamarind Chutney
2 Large Potato, boiled and diced
3 Chopped Scallion
Salt to Taste
Peanuts to Garnish
Pomegranate to Garnish
1/4 Cabbage, shredded
3 Tbsp Oil (regular vegetable or sesame)
10 Garlic Cloves, sliced
4 tsp Chili
2 tsp Turmeric
1. In a large bowl mix together the base ingredients apart from peanuts and pomegranate.
2. In a wok, heat the oil and cook the garlic till brown. Add the turmeric and chili. Cook for 1 min at max.
3. Add the garlic mix to the noodles.
4. Toss well.
5. Serve cold or at room temperature.
6. Garnish with pomegranate, peanuts and coriander.
Link for video: