Why So Curry?
When my Grandma and I work on elevating spaghetti with Thai flavours, the resulting dish is a beautiful pasta main ideal for a summer lunch.
PS: It is Vegan!
For the Masala Paste
* 2tbsp Coriander Stem, Roughly Chopped
* 1tsp Ginger
* 1/2tsp Garlic
* 8-10 Mint Leaves
* 2-3 Dried Red chilli
* 1/2 tsp Turmeric
* 2 Lemon grass stem, Roughly Chopped
* 3tbsp Warm Water
* 250g Spaghetti, Boiled
* 1.5 Cups Roasted Vegetables in Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper (We used Beetroot, Cauliflower and Zucchini)
* 2.5 Cups Coconut Milk
* Salt and Pepper
* 1 Lemon, juiced
* Garnish: Parmesan Shaving and Coriander Leaves
* In a mortar and pestle, pound together all the ingredients for the masala paste.
* Cook the paste on medium heat till approximately only 1.5tbsp of water content is left.
* Reduce the flame, pour in the coconut milk. Ensure to keep stirring.
* Bring the curry to a boil thrice, season with salt and pepper. Switch off the heat.
* Season with Lemon Juice. Ensure to stir in well.
* Strain the sauce through a sieve.
* Toss the pasta in the sauce or pour the sauce over freshly boiled pasta.
* Garnish with roasted vegetables, coriander leaves and parmesan shavings.
* Serve immediately
Note: Can pound in half a raw mango as well into the paste to give a more tangy flavour profile.
Link to video: