The Ultimate Brunch Dish
Classically made with Poached Eggs, Mushroom Cilbir is a veggie take on the Turkish classic, Cilbir.
It is made with creamy herbed Greek yoghurt, spiced butter and sautéed mushroom.
Furthermore, it is a nutrient dense dish focusing on protein and vitamin D rich elements.
500g Mushroom, remove stem
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1.5 tsp Garlic Paste
1 cup Hung Curd/ Greek Yoghurt
1/2 cup Assorted Fresh Herbs (Depending on what is available), chopped finely
2 tbsp Butter
2 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Chili flakes
1 tsp Dried Thyme
Salt and Pepper
1. Mix together Olive Oil and Garlic, leave overnight to infuse.
2. In a bowl, mix together yoghurt, salt, pepper, 1/2 tsp garlic oil and Fresh herbs. Place bowl in fridge for 15-20mins, till the rest of the ingredients are ready.
3. In a pan, melt butter on medium heat. Add Paprika, Chili flakes, dried Thyme and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl.
4. In the same pan on medium to high heat, add rest of the garlic oil. Sauté the mushrooms till they are well coated with the oil.
5. Add salt and pepper and continue to sauté for 2-3 mins. Bring the heat to medium to low, place a lid on the pan and let the mushrooms cook.
6. Once the mushroom has cooked through, remove the lid, and reduce the water content to 1 tsp by bringing to a high heat. Ensure to continuously sauté at this step.
7. Remove the mushroom from heat.
8. In a bowl, place some yoghurt first, top with mushrooms and then the chili butter.
9. Garnish with some herbs and serve immediately.
Follow our video