The chilled and tangy Spanish soup is classically made with Tomatoes.
However, over the years there have been multiple adaptations, permutations and combinations that have changed the ballgame for the humble Gazpacho.
My Grandma and my version for the soup uses Mangoes as the focus ingredient. Making this dish ideal to beat the heat with during the Indian summers!
1 Large Mango or 2 Medium sized, peeled and diced
1/2 Cup Cucumber, diced
1/2 Cup Yellow Bellpepper, diced
1tsp Garlic Paste
2tsp Coriander (with stem)
1 dried Red Chili
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
3/4th Cup Orange Juice
1/2 Cup Ice Water
1tbsp Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper
1. Blend all ingredients but the Olive oil, salt and pepper together.
2. Once smooth, while blending slowly pour in the olive oil.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Transfer to a bowl and let chill for 3-4 hours.
5. Serve cold. Can garnish with herbs, bell pepper and cucumber.
Note: Can make the same soup with Watermelon and/or Peach and vodka. Ensure to use Red Bell pepper if making with Watermelon.
Link to the video: