The not so traditional, modern Indian inspired Caprese Naan is a homage to Italy and India.
This gooey, cheesy dish is perfect as an appetiser and dinner main, when one wants to impress.
Paired with a classic pesto sauce (link:http://atticus.co.in/blog/pesto-sauce/), the Naan is a fun take on a calzone.
Serves 2 (4 Naans)
200g All purpose flour
1tsp Baking soda
1 tsp sugar (icing)
6-8 leaves Basil
50g Mozzarella cheese
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp garlic
1. Mix together shredded Mozzarella, diced tomato, garlic, olive oil, chopped Basil and seasoning.
2. Mix together baking soda and yoghurt till frothy.
3. In a bowl mix together flour, salt and sugar. Make a well in the middle and add yoghurt mix.
4. Knead the dough together with water, till a soft pliable dough is formed.
5. Place in an oiled bowl, cover with damp cloth and let rest for 30 mins.
6. Once rested, divide dough into 50g potions. Roll the dough out into a small circle, ensure surface is floured. Place the filling in the middle and make a tightly sealed parcel.
7. Roll the dough out to desired thickness, ensure surface is floured. Wet the top surface of the naan with water and place wet side down in an electric tandoor. Cook for 3-5 mins.
8. If using an oven follow the same steps as tandoor and bake at 200 degrees celsius.
Note: If making appetiser size, roll out the naan to 3 inches circles, approx 15-20g dough per naan.